Key Points to Note when Selling Your Business in Southern California
- Maintain at least three years of excellent books and records
- Interview two or three different business brokers, and choose one that understands your business
- Discuss the tax consequences with your advisors in advance – you don’t want a surprise!
- Ensure you have key employees in place to assist the buyer with the transition
- Discuss how you can enhance the value of your business with your broker – sometimes waiting an extra twelve months or so can add substantially to the value
- Make sure you tell your broker everything – surprises often kill deals